In this course, we will go on a journey that introduces us to the basic concepts, policy instruments and international frameworks of inclusive green economies. Our path consists of five modules which are divided into smaller sections. You can start with any module depending on your preference.
If you encounter any difficulty or if you have any questions, please consult the help page.
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the rationale and core concepts for realizing an inclusive green economy against business-as-usual practices
- Identify enabling conditions for greening national economies
- Outline principal opportunities and challenges in key sectors
- Provide examples of national strategies and planning to advance an inclusive green economy
- Distinguish international frameworks and initiatives in support of an inclusive green economy
The course is structured into five modules:
- Understanding where we are – The rationale for advancing an inclusive green economy
- Focusing on the instruments – Enabling conditions for structural change
- Sighting the destination – Key sectors with high greening potential
- Devising a pathway – Strategies and planning for reaching policy objectives
- A helping environment – International frameworks and initiatives to support an inclusive green economy
Each of the five modules features a quiz. A quiz is passed with a score of 70% or above. You have three attempts for each quiz. Once you successfully passed all quizzes, you will receive a certificate of completion. Your certificate will be automatically available to download in the “Achievements” section under the course page.
This e-course has been developed under the umbrella of the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE). PAGE brings together five UN agencies – UN Environment, International Labour Organization, UN Development Programme, UN Industrial Development Organization, and UN Institute for Training and Research – whose mandates, expertises and networks combined can offer integrated and holistic support to countries on inclusive green economy.
Start learning from : UN CC- e-learn